ABOUT OUR BUILDING
St. Gabriel’s Hall is a cultural event facility located in Marystown on Newfoundland’s Burin Peninsula. Officially opened in 1915, St. Gabriel’s Hall has long been a cornerstone of cultural and community activity within the Burin Peninsula region. With its multiple rooms offering various capacity levels, St. Gabriel’s Hall has actually served many roles beyond its core function as a performance venue – it has at times been utilized as a schoolhouse, polling station, mortuary, movie theatre, and even as a courthouse. Ownership of St. Gabriel’s Hall was transferred in 2006 from Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Parish to the independent corporation known as St. Gabriel’s Hall Inc. Since that time, St. Gabriel’s Hall has seen extensive renovations and enhancements, including, but not limited to: the addition of an extended performance stage; new backstage facilities; expanded bar facilities upstairs and downstairs; new lighting, sound and audio-visual equipment; a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen; and a fully-integrated heating and cooling system. St. Gabriel’s Hall also proudly features the Veterans Memorial Room – a section devoted to remembrance and recognition of those with connections to the Burin Peninsula who have served in war and peacekeeping efforts.